Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Birthday Card for Niece

Here is the card I just made my niece Kaylee who will be turning 5 this year! We share the same birthday, she was born at 12:01am on my birthday. Very cool! This year, she said to Grandma Weener (my mother-in -law, Irene. Irene, Reener, Weener, get it? This is a nickname she picked up as a child when her brothers and sisters couldn't say Irene) Anyway! Kaylee said "Grandma, this yeat Auntie Tanya should come to visit for our birthday and we can blow the candles out on our cake together. That's what we should do, OK?" I really wish I could, but alas, I have to work. I totally CASED this card from stampin_KML at splitcoaststampers.com. You can see the inspiration card here.

I used Pink Passion, Whisper White, and Sahara Sand paper. Used the Paisley BG stamp with Passion Pink ink on card base, the Sahara Sand on the Scallop Circle punched white paper. Used a flower from Fabulous Flowers set in circle, rhino from Zoofari set, colored with blender pen and Sand and Pretty in Pink for toes and horn. Handdrew the hat and colored with Sand and Pretty markers, cut hat out and adhered to rhino. Used Crop-A-Dile (LOVE that thing!) to set the pink eyelets in corners after using Word Window punch to do the ticket corners. adhered white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, put a sticky rhinestone in center of flower, put Fruit Punch Stickles on flower petals and tassel on hat. It actually only took about 15 minutes to make since I didn't have to think, just copied it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails