Monday, September 10, 2007

This is my first posting on this blog, it may take some time for me to get this the way I like it. This weekend was my oldest son's 18th birthday. Wow, did I just say that?! I'm way too young to have an 18 year old! LOL! It was also the Vitual Stamp Night on splitcoaststampers.com , way exciting! I didn't get to do musch stampin though as my in-laws came over on Saturday to celebrate, then on Sunday David, my son, had a few friends over to celebrate. Sounds like a real party house doesn't it?! But I did get to do a couple cards.

I started with white card stock, sponged some Cranberry Crisp, then some Marigold Morning, but the marigold morning wasn't covering the way I wanted so I used a brayer to put the Marigold on, then sponged some more Cranberry on the paper. Then I used Chocolate Chip and stamps from the Autumn Leaf Prints set, then distressed the edges. I used the word window punch to make the ticket corner look. Matted onto Cranberry Crisp cardstock, then put brads ion the corners, mounted all this on Marigold Morning cardstock and voila, done!

This one is done using the Emerging Colors technique which can be found here

I used the So Very, Fabulous Flowers, and Baroque Motifs stamp sets for this. First I stamped the So Very and "loved" and "sweet" in Wild Wasabi and Bayou Blue, then the flower in versamark, embossed with clear EP and then used the brayer and Blue to cover everything. Stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs with Chocolate Chip. Wiped the ink off the embossed flower, distressed the edges and mounted on Choc Chip and Bayou Blue cardstock.

You can visit my splitcoaststamper gallery here



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails