Friday, April 25, 2008

Going Away Present

One of the nurses I work with is leaving us to go back to her home state, and I wanted to give her something to remember us by. So I made her a card and mini address book. I think they turned out pretty well!

Here they are together. I decided to try making a Trifold Pocket card. I have never made a coaster book before but after a bit of fiddling it all worked out. I brayered some Close to Cocoa ink on the back of a sheet of textured Soft Sky paper to give it the 2-sided look. I still have a stash of the gold and silver elastic cord from SU and I tied it trough the eyelets, then tied the ribbon to the cord on the outside. That took me a while to figure out! I also made tabs with letters on them to help thumb through the addresses quickly. I had collected a bunch of contact info from people at work, typed it up on my break, then forgot to email it to myself! Ugh! I had planned to fill it all in before we give it to her. Oh, well, it'll still get in there, just not right away!
Close up of the card.
Stamps: Boho Backgrounds, One of a Kind
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Versamark
Accessories: Rhinestone brads, large and mini eyelets, CAD, Iridescent Ice EP, heat gun, circle punches, Cuttlebug and square Nestabilities, double stitched Soft Sky ribbon, Chocolate Chip polytwill ribbon, gold and silver elastic cord, paper piercer and mat pack, choc chip marker, Silver Hodge Podge ribbon slider, crystal effects, Cosmo glitter, Round Tab punch, sponge

Close up of the address book. I might have to make more of these, now that I have it figured out!


Inside view of the address book. It does open and lay flat easily. I was worried that it would be cute, but not functional, but it really is great!

I hope my friend loves it!

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

What a fantastic idea for coasters! I'm very impressed!

Silli said...

very, very pretty, beautiful set!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails