Friday, April 4, 2008

I got to play, finally!

So, I stopped brainstorming for the big weekend and started looking at my stash of pictures that need to be scrapbooked. This has been in my stash for years! It's one of those special pictures that you just know you have to be in the right mood to do it justice. I hope that I did!

Stamps: non SU alpha ???
Paper: Really Rust, Buckaroo Blue, Creamy Caramel, DCWV Retro Stack Pack DP
Ink: Really Rust, Buckaroo Blue, Choc Chip marker
Accessories: Photo Corners punch, Cuttlebug Bubbles embossing folder, paper piercer and mat, Crop-A-Dile, large and small eyelets, brads, Cutter Kit distressing tool
Journaling reads:
As Geoffrey looks at this picture with me today, he says " That was Lilly before she was such a horse!" This was when Lilly was about 9 months old and Geoffrey was about 6. Geoffrey carefully put the stethoscope in Lilly's ears and then said " Can you hear my heart Lilly?" She seemed to listen very hard until Geoffrey was ready to take the stethoscope out of her ears! I am very glad he used Jamie's stethoscope instead of mine, hehehe!

Charlene was invited to bring 2 paintings to 2 different art shows this weekend. This is the painting she submitted to the High School Invitational at the Bemidji Community Art Center. She is still trying to come up with a witty title for it, hehe! I love it! LOVE IT!
This is the painting she entered in the Women's Art show at the Wild Rose Theater here in Bemidji. Charlene says this painting represents bearing fruit and life and is calling it "The Giving" Isn't she talented! All I do is play with paper.... Charlene humbles me with her God-given talent. Yes, I know, I'm her mom. I'm supposed to feel that way! But gosh, isn't she good!

I had to put her stuff after mine, or you would never look at mine ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails