Friday, July 11, 2008

Everythings Retiring card


I made this card about a week ago. I had a hankerin to use some of my soon to be retired stuff! Everything except the gel pen, and the eyelets used on this card is retiring! I did use my Cuttlebug with the square Nesties to make the scalloped and embossed panel.

Stamps: Carte Postale, Weathered BG, Print Pattern BG, Warmest Regards (retired hostess set -sentiment)
Paper: Soft Sky, River Rock
Ink: Soft Sky, River Rock, white gel pen
Accessories: Antique Brass eyelets, Soft Sky double stitched ribbon

I just got back from the cities, and I am so pooped! I spent yesterday afternoon thru this early afternoon with Tanya T. and then drove back up to Bemidji.... long day! It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that we were up until almost 3 am talking, laughing, and pretending to watch movies! Nah! Not at all.... :)
I didn't get to see Ariel, she is still in strict isolation to prevent infection after her stem cell transplant. She is having a really hard time, feeling really sick, mouth and throat are covered with sores, can't eat, has been vomiting....
I am going to ask that anyone who can send her a card, she loves to get cards from all over, it really cheers her up! If you would like to see more of her story go to this link and if you want the current address to send cards go to post #61 . Thanks to all of you who have already sent cards to her!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails