Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Love Tea page

I decided to try to do a little scrapbooking for myself this weekend. After all of the holiday commotion, it will be nice to get back to the usual routine of life :) Check out the end of this post for a little update on our recent chimney fire incident.


This is a page I have been meaning to do for a couple weeks now in honor of my love for tea. Here in the USA people generally drink coffee, or soda ("pop" for all you Minnesotans out there, lol) all the time. I drink tea. Any kind of tea. I have to try them all. But I always have a couple favorites. I even travel with my own supply of tea in a baggie with a little sweetener to go with it. I have managed to pass my love for tea on to my kids. How many teenage boys do you know that take tea to school with them in a thermos to drink during the day, lol! As I am typing this, I have decided to redo the journaling for this page. I didn't give near enough of what it means to me.

  • Stamps: Espress Yourself, Love You Much
  • Paper: More Mustard, Lovely Lilac
  • Ink: More Mustard, Lovely Lilac, various markers
  • Accessories: paper piercer with mat pack, white gel pen, SU Cherish rub-ons, Making Memories Heidi white alpha rub-ons, cuttlebug, square and scalloped square nestabilities, dimensionals, Heart to Heart punch, sponge, box from my favorite tea :)

This is a close up to show you how I punched out a bunch of More Mustard harts, sponged them with More Mustard ink, then glued them to the cs. Add a neat texture to the page, don't you think?

And this is the picture of my tea from while I was scrapbooking this page. I will have it printed and put on the right upper quad of the page. It is the cup my kids gave me for Christmas last year :)
And this is the mixture of creosote and fire extinguisher stuff that we had to clean up yesterday. This is where the fire got the hottest in the top of the stove.

And this is the mess behind the stove after we pulled to old stove pipe off. Yummy huh :) But, on the up side, this was all cleaned up and working well by 3pm that afternoon, so all is well. I am sitting here in the same room as that wood stove all toasty warm!
Thank you to all of the people who commented on our safety, I really do appreciate it. It's wonderful to be able to reach out to each other even if we have never met each other and live many miles away.
Have a great weekend everybody!













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails