Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sweet Birthday Card

I just love this card layout and wanted to make another card with it, a girly one :) I'm really lovin the stuff I have done in the last few days, I hope the creativity continues, if you know what I mean!


I also used an kwerner color inspiration. Isn't she great at finding inspiration!


So, here is my card. Doesn't it just make you think of pink frosted cupcakes and girly giggles!

I used a chipboard heart that I colored with Real Red ink using a sponge dauber, then covered with Versamark and clear embossing powder, then heat embossed. It of course looks better in real life!The flowers are stamped with Bella Toile BG, run through the Big Shot with the Simple Flower Embosslit. Then I rubbed an ink spot in the same ink over the raised parts, popped a gold brad in the center and arranged on my circle with glue dots and a dimensional.
The piece of Ruby Red behind the circle is embossed with the Flourish texture plate with the Big Shot and inked with Ruby red. I used some of the buttons I got at a garage sale ages ago when I was sewing clothes for the kids all the tim....we won't think about how long ago that was.... I'm pretty sure some little old lady had harvested them from old clothes for years, lol!
  • Stamps: Bella Toile BG, Yummy (retired SAB 09), and Warmest Regards (retired)
  • Paper: Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper white
  • Ink: Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
  • Other: Big shot with Simple Flower embosslit and Flourish texture plate, paper piercer with mat pack, gold brads, chipboard heart, clear embossing powder, heat gun, glue dots dimensionals, buttons
Here is a close up of some of the details. It's been good to give some of my old favorites some inky love lately! Let me know what you think.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails