Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Big Buttons

I got Big Buttons right away when the new Holiday Mini came out, but I haven't played with them much yet. I had been too busy doing Halloween and birthday stuff for a while there. I think these would be great for the crocheted towel toppers you can crochet and stitch to the top of hand towels. Then you can hang them from the oven door and they won't fall off! I love those things... have I mentioned we have 4 dogs in the house? They are always knocking my towels down! I currently have clothes pins holding them on. Not very pretty. BUT that isn't what I am showing you today!

I have been just admiring my buttons ever since I put them in some little jelly jars. These are the Candy Cane buttons. I am sure I will come up with some really fun ideas to using these and the coordinating fabric. I have a problem using buttons on something that will only be looked at and not used.... it's the tree-hugger/frugal Minnesotan in me.


I used some Striped ribbon and Always Artichoke Seam Binding ribbon with a Cherry Cobbler Big Button to make this really cute embellishment! Then I stuck it to the lid with Sticky Strip, I also stuck some Seam Binding ribbon around the rim of the lid too, so it looked more coordinated. Now I have a pretty button holder for my pretty buttons! Cause I really needed that :rolleyes:

7 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

How fun! Love your artsy photos, too, Tanya. . . .

Cindy said...

Great idea putting the buttons in jelly jars, so they're more visible. Love the jar toppers - they'd be pretty on jelly gifts, too!

Anonymous said...

Jar toppers - perfect decoration for giving crafty gifts as well as baked goodies or ingredients. I imagine that it would look beautiful on a "belly band" wrapped around cards, etc. TFS!

Heidi Baks said...

LOL! The button didn't go far from its friends, huh?

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Way cute!!

Shelley Z said...

Super cute! That would make a great gift and just lovely to look at if you don't give it away!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the ribbon idea! Great use of the buttons1

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails