Sunday, July 22, 2012

Convention Swap- Secret of Life


So, this year I did not got to convention. Next year I am totally going though! This year, I had a wonderful lady agree to do some swaps for me so I made them up and sent them to her hotel. Little snag along the way, I had planned to work on my swaps the week before convention when I had a couple days off, then ship them that Friday to be waiting for her at her hotel. BUT, my fingertips all swelled up with some kind of hive like thing and they really hurt! No stamping for SEVERAL days... I ended up working hard on stuff Monday and Tuesday morning, then shipping Express mail, but they still didn't get there until a day after the official swap because I got the post office too late in the day to get it there by Wednesday at noon, UGH!
Hopefully this did not turn into a horrible pain for my convention buddy. If I get them all back in a box, it will be what I deserved! Oh well, I tried.

This card was for the As Many As You Want swap and I made 20 of them. Considering my time restraints (I designed and made these Tuesday morning), I think they turned out ok. I had to resist the urge to ink the edges as that adds up when you are making 20! I am still on the fence about the polka dots....
And I bet you didn't know this sentiment would fit in that framelit!
I used markers to color the stamp for a multicolor image. That part I am very happy with. Even though I did it 20 times...when I was in a hurry!

I used lots of dimensionals to pop op the focal image. I love dimensionals. I probably use them too much :) There are little rhinestones on the sentiment ends to accent the die cut.


For my prototype, and incidentally my copy, I always make a full card. This is the inside of the card. My white gel pen line got a little crooked so I had to get creative to make it look right, lol.
  • Stamps: From My  Heart, Distressed Dots BG
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
  • Paper: Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Chevron EF and Apothecary Accents framelits, Rhinestones, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals
So, what do you think I should give a lady who went the extra mile for me at convention?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails