Friday, July 12, 2013

SA New Catalog Blog Hop: You're My Hero



Welcome to another round of inspiration and fun with the Stampin' Addicts crew! We are celebrating the new catalog stamp sets this go-round. Who doesn't love new stamps? Just the thought can get me all excited :)

If you are following along from the beginning, you just arrived from Heidi's blog where she did an amazing job with Around the World. But don't worry, if you get lost along the way, here is a link to the blog hop thread to get you back on track, and you can chat about the hop there too!

I am featuring one of the new boy/man sets, You're My Hero. At least that is what most people think when they first look at it. But I think it can be more than that. How many of us have first responders, EMT's, paramedics, nurses, doctors, firemen, police officers in our lives? Lots I am sure. And what if someone saved your butt when you really needed a hand with something? I mean something like they brought you a container of gasoline when you ran out of gas, or pointed out a serious error in a project at work before it could cause any trouble, or stepped up when you needed someone to help out at a big event. THIS set would work perfectly for a thank you card to someone that saved your bacon. And for all of the service personnel in your life for birthday and thank you and thinking of you cards. And how about those ER visits for stitches, sprained ankles, and broken arms? You could add fish hook removal to that list for the area I live in :) You all know you are snapping pictures with your cell phone, now you can scrapbook them with this set! Your buddy is the speeding ticket master? Have fun with that theme :) I could go on and on! Wait, I just did, hehe!


This police card could be for a variety of occasions, but I was kind of thinking a birthday card. There are so many new things to love on this one! I cannot get enough of those little Candy Dots!!! The new DSP stacks are great too, I am already using them more than I did the last set.


This ambulance card would make a great Thank You card.I am just getting into the swing of using Washi Tape. What a fun embellishment. The yummy Chevron ribbon is irresistible! I only got 2 colors and I am feeling the need to expand my collection :)


And as you can see, the fire truck is a birthday card. I also used the new background stamp Positively Chevron, which I adore. I guess I am kind of in love with chevrons right now as I used them on every card in this post!


How about some fun tags for a birthday bag! I used a variety of scraps and supplied to make these.

I hope you enjoyed my stop, please take a moment to share your thoughts, I so love to hear from you all!
And now it is time to  go see what fun Yapha came up with for Zoo Babies!

10 comments:

Mary Trautner said...

Love your cards so creative. I guess I have to get this set now.

Yapha said...

I knew you would do great things with this set, but you really knocked it out of the park! Fabulous cards and tags, and I especially loved all of your ideas in the beginning of your post!

Pat Jandacek said...

I love the way you "go on" with all those great ideas. I could certainly use the firetruck birthday card with a smart remark inside about it standing by to handle the risk all the candles create. TFS

Heidi Baks said...

Cute stuff! Guess you are right, there is definitely more uses than kiddo projects. Love your list of possible needs for these type of cards! :)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love your projects, as always. Such great color combos! I love the washi tape background paper you made. Such a fun way to use it.

Adriana Benitez said...

So many fun ideas for this set. You could send the police car one with a "so sorry" on it ;)
And along with the great ideas, there are so many fun colors and textures on your projects. Always a pleasure to see your creativity. Thanks for sharing it with us!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Adorable cards Tanya! The Firetruck birthday idea is awesome!

Natalie Kennedy said...

You've listed some pretty fantastic ideas for this set - I guess I do need it after all! I especially love those tags because having sons who attend birthday parties, I need those all the time!

Paula said...

You gave us a lot of reasons to add this set to our wish lists. Darn you! But I love what you did with it. I especially love the ambulance card. So cute!

Katherine said...

Great projects - that Firetruck card made me giggle. Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails