Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: By the Tide edition

Welcome back friends! We are so happy to have everyone stop by again for another edition of the Stamp Review Crew! We have a fun hop planned for all of you. Everything nautical seems to be very popular right now, and this set has so much to offer. I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with :)

If you started at the beginning of the hop, you just arrived from Heidi Bak's blog. So darling, right?! If I am your first stop, thanks for letting me be your first ;) If you get lost along the way at any time, you can refer back to the Stamp Review Crew post for this hop. You can check out any of our past hops there too. The links always go right to the correct post for the specific hop :)

I am going to start off with something soft and a little blingy with the burlap, sequins, and Gold Foil vellum. That little seahorse is so darn cute, I just had to make him a prominent feature on this card :) He is stamped once in Baked Brown Sugar full strength, then stamped off once for the rest in the circle. Gold Encore ink is used for the "hello" sentiment. A little tone on tone stamping for the Soft Sky coral in the lower corner finishes it off.

Along the inside edge, I stamped the seahorse in Baked Brown Sugar and once in Gold Encore ink.

Here is a little masculine birthday action. The Island Indigo Core'dinations panel was sanded, then stamped with the lobster image. The greeting is embossed in Pewter embossing powder. I used Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, and Crushed Curry for the circle image on the flag and tied a little Silver Baker's Twine on the banner. It might be hard to see, but I also paper pierced all the way around the banner and popped it up on the card front.

Inside, the lobster is a stamped off image and a little more yellow.

Last up is a tea light box. I have made these for years and they are so easy to make, especially now that we have the Simply Scored tool to help us out! The shel may be hard to see in the picture, but it is stamped on the Blushing Bride in White, the poem in Blushing Bride, and the coral in Gold. THe sentiment is from Four You and is stamped in Early Espresso.

As usual, I stamped inside the box also, which is made out of Naturals White card stock. I tied some of that yummy sequin ribbon and added some loose sequins to the box cover. I chose not to stamp on the candles right now, but I may change my mind before I gift this to someone.

Alrighty-then! I hope you got some inspiration here. Time to go check out the every lovely Rita Wright's blog to see what sweetness she has in store for us!

http://ritascreations.blogspot.com/

http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-stamp-review-crew-by-tide.html

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the sequins, Tanya! Great projects.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! These are fabulous projects, Tanya! You are so talented!

Deb said...

Super projects! Love the touches of gold you added!

Dawn Tidd said...

Great projects, Tanya! Each one with a different feel and all so fun! That the alight box would be a great summer hostess gift!

Heidi Baks said...

Great projects, Tanya! I love the sea horse card and blue lobster. The coral image makes a great background on the candle box.

Anonymous said...

Cute each and everyone of them!! I love the sequins too :)

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful projects...love the sea horses! The lobster is a fun surprise inside your second card! But the one that has me totally charmed is the tea light box...what a great gift!!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

3 great projects - all different and all so creative. Love your use of sequins and of course the white gel pen :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails